T.D Jakes a renowned televangelist and one of the best-selling authors around the globe has continued to impact people’s lives positively for a long time. With a staunch background in Christian faith, and immense wisdom he continues to be an iconic epitome in society. Once during a live interview on television, he was asked what makes him be the best throughout all seasons. In his thunderous voice, he answered,
“I do not worry about anyone being T.D Jakes because it is not a competition. No one can do what I do the way I do it”
Well, this begs the questions;
1. Do you know where your power and strength lies?
2. Do you know yourself and your potential?
Many people continue to wallow in a world that is trying to force us to be who we are not. Ever wondered how the world would be if we all understood what our strengths are? and actually worked towards envisioning them. How then do we get to understand who we are? Our strengths and how we can align them to ignite our brands.
Take a pen and paper, and answer the following questions. This will allow you to understand who you are and where your powers lie in just a few minutes.
1. What can you do naturally that others spend hours in training learning to do?
2. What thing are you very critical about? The truth of the matter is our purpose is partly in line with something we are very critical about.
3. What areas of your life do you receive praises mostly? What’s that thing that you do and people instantly associate with you?
4. What would you do for free just for the love of it even if money wasn’t an option?
5. What thing would you do in a heartbeat, even if you’re extremely worn out?
6. Do you sometimes come up with solutions about things in areas you are critical about simply because you are passionate about it and you can tell if it’s right or wrong?
The culmination of all these answers will give you your passion and strengths which is your maiden power when it comes to personal branding.
When you know yourself, it is easy to make self-assessment continuously and gauge where you are when it comes to your brand growth.
Personal branding is all about knowing who you are, what you represent and intentionally actualize you dream.